Usability Checklist¶When you implement a new story / plugin be sure to pay attention to the following issues related to usability:
- is your plugin from the point of UI consistent with other existing plugins?
- long operations should have a timeout / cancel option
- during long operations give feedback to your users about the current state
- when external tools are called, be sure to allow the user to specify a timeout
- are all menus needed? how many mistakes can the users make?
- warn users about mistakes early
- provide a meaningful default behaviour
- each view and each window should have a meaningful and specific name -- e.g. "entity name - view name" -- "DistancePlausibilisation Simulator"