Adding a new plugin¶
The addition of a plugin to AF3 mainly consists of adding the plugin to the AF3 repository, adjusting the developer product files and installer, and registering it at the maven/jenkins config files. The following section explain these steps in detail.
Preparational steps & checks¶
- Ensure that your plugin is entirely code-reviewed: The plugin must be marked "green" in the eclipse package explorer. If not, ask a colleague (or several) to do a review of your plugin. The plugin(s) will only be added if they are "green".
- Create a ticket in redmine (this page) about the integration of your plugin.
- Check that all resources that are required by your plugin are included in the Binary Build in
- In the same file, add the plugin to list of plugins (keep lexicographic order!)
- In the
META-INFof your plugin, set the version to 2.x.0.qualifier (x to be replaced to match the current version of AF3), the name of the plugin to your plugin name, and the name of the vendor to "fortiss GmbH"
- likewise, set plugin name and vendor in
- Especially for plugins that have been under development for a longer time, verify that the plugin is compliant with the plugin templates (e.g., builder configuration, scripts, directory layout, ...)
fortiss-std-env/base-project/org.fortiss.af3.base.project.uifor model / functionality plugins
fortiss-std-env/base-project/org.fortiss.af3.base.project.ui.zipfor UI plugins
Adding an repository containing "unoffical" plugins to the AF3 repository.¶
- Close eclipse
- Ensure that the command line version of git is installed on your system ("git" on Linux/MacOSX, "MsysGit" recommended for windows).
- Create a new branch in the your local AF3 repository that matches the number of the issue you created before:
git checkout -b <issueNum> # Replace <issueNum>
- Open a shell and go to the af3 repository of your eclipse installation (Typically <eclipse-root>/autofocus3-master/git/af3).
- Execute the followin sequence of commands, where "project-a" are the plugins to be integrated into "project-b"
git remote add project-a https://git.fortiss.org/af3/project-a git fetch project-a git merge --allow-unrelated-histories project-a/master # or whichever branch you want to merge git remote remove project-a
- Afterwards, add the .settings submodule entry in the ".gitmodules" file located at the root of the af3 repo. This might have already be done during the merge. See the other entries about the formatting.
- Upload the result to the server by issuing
git push origin <issueNum>:<issueNum> # Replace <issueNum>
- Go to https://git.fortiss.org/af3 and log in. Create a merge request (MR) from your just uploaded branch to master.
Register the plugin with the developer product definitions¶
- Start eclipse.
- Create a new branch for developer product definition by right-clicking
org.fortiss.af3.phoenix.product.featureand following the typical "switch to" procedure. (see Development Workflow)
- Add the plugin to
org.fortiss.af3.phoenix.product.feature/feature.xmlto the "require" section (keep lexicographic order!)
- Upload the result and create a MR in the af3_dev_product repository (https://git.fortiss.org/af3/af3_dev_product)
Update Oomph installation script¶
- Import the plugin fortiss-std-dev into your local workspace: File > Import > Git > Local repository > Select the git folder of your eclipse installation (see above) > Select "fortiss-std-env" and finish the import.
- Create a branch for this plugin nambed by the issue number from the above steps.
- Open the Oomph setup file (oomph/af3.setup) in eclipse and go to "Working sets".
- Add the plugin to the corresponding plugin set, e.g., "Behaviour", if it is not yet captured by any of the existing regular expressions.
- Commit & push the result.
- Create a MR to master at https://git.fortiss.org/af3/fortiss-std-env
Adjust the Maven build process to consider the added plugins¶
- Perform a local installation for local AF3 RCP builds as described in [[https://af3-developer.fortiss.org/projects/autofocus3/wiki/AF3_Build_Management#Local-Build]].
- After a successful local build of the AF3 RCP, follow the steps described in [[https://af3-developer.fortiss.org/projects/autofocus3/wiki/AF3_Build_Management#Adding-plugins-modifying-the-plugin-list]].