GC.copyArea() crashes application on OSX 10.11
- Import the attached Model
- Start Simulation
- Try to open Input/Output view
(you need platform.dmils(.ui) for that
#3 Updated by Anonymous almost 5 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 11.46.24.png Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 11.46.24.png added
- Priority changed from High to Normal
I get the error (look at the screenshot and the error text below) no matter what i do. The annoying thing is, that Johannes doesn't get this error, which means either it my own fault or some OSX problem... Assuming that it is the latter one ;) I told Georgeta to try to reproduce this error on her mac. She will do so, when she will have time for it.
Here again the description of how reproduce the error:
1) load a fresh ACC model
2) Go to simulation view
3) Try to open Input/Output view
The error screen I get is attached (screenshot) and the console message i get is the following:
ava HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
Could not read metada. Probably simply not existing.
!SESSION 2015-11-24 11:45:38.910 -----------------------------------------------
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.fortiss.af3.rcp.application.product
Command-line arguments: -product org.fortiss.af3.rcp.application.product -data /Users/zverlov/Documents/Development/af3workspace/../runtime-af3_phoenix.product123 -dev file:/Users/zverlov/Documents/Development/af3workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/af3_phoenix.product/dev.properties -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -consoleLog
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2015-11-24 11:45:41.741
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.
2015-11-24 11:45:42.215 java[548:13214] * WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSWindow is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead.
2015-11-24 11:45:42.995 java[548:13214] * WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSView is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead.
Assertion failed: (backing->lock_access > 0), function CGSBackingStoreUnlockReader, file Services/Windows/CGSBackingStore.c, line 400.
#6 Updated by Simon Barner about 4 years ago
The same assertion is also triggered by a MAC user in the DREAMS project. Here are the steps to reproduce with AF3/DREAMS (MacOSX):
- double-click on "System Software" node
- click on "annotation" tab.
- expand the "System Software" node (or some node below it)
#7 Updated by Simon Barner about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Simulation Problem to GC.copyArea() crashes application on OSX 10.11
This seems to be a general problem on recent MacOSX versions and
The comment #5 in following link seems to contain a patch which could be backported to the SWT plugin redistributed with Kepler.
#18 Updated by Simon Barner almost 3 years ago
- File macos-table-checkbox-developer-installation-workaround.patch macos-table-checkbox-developer-installation-workaround.patch added
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to Simon Barner
- Target version changed from AF3 2.11 Post-release to AF3 2.12 Post-release
Add workaround to avoid crash in developer version.
A proper fix that requires to update the SWT version (and therefore the target version for the AF3 product) to at least 4.6 (Neon) is under investigation.
#20 Updated by Anonymous almost 3 years ago
- Priority changed from Low to Normal
After the newest svn update the patch doestn work anymore.
When I try to open the AllocatioTable for CA2PA AF3 closes with the following message:
[KISS] Typesystem Service registered.
2017-12-03 17:48:01.906 java[3767:1125941] *** WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSView is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead.
Assertion failed: (backing->lock_access > 0), function CGSBackingStoreUnlockReader, file /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/SkyLight/SkyLight-312.11/SkyLight/Services/Windows/CGSBackingStore.c, line 360.
#21 Updated by Anonymous almost 3 years ago
- File macos-table-checkbox-developer-installation-workaround (1).patch macos-table-checkbox-developer-installation-workaround (1).patch added
I created a new patch. It works at lest for me
#23 Updated by Simon Barner over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee changed from Simon Barner to Anonymous
Added FAQ entry to https://af3-developer.fortiss.org/projects/autofocus3/wiki/Developer_Installation (installation notes for Mac). It also includes the updated version of the patch.
Can you please close?
#25 Updated by Simon Barner over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to New
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to Anonymous
- Target version changed from AF3 2.13 Release to AF3 2.14 RC1 (Feature Freeze)
The bug has now also been encountered in the AF2.13 binary release (also in the nightly build). Same stack trace as in no 20.
Hence, the patch that is now available from the Wiki should now be integrated into the code base and conditionally be used on Mac.In the frame of this ticket, also the OS specific case distinctions should be cleaned up
- Search workspace for string getProperty("os.name")
- Instead, apply one of the following approaches:
- Check if
org.apache.commons.lang.SystemUtilscan be used
- Extend and use
org.fortiss.tooling.base.utils.SystemUtilseverywhere. The following platforms need to be distinguished:
- Win32 (to be discussed if support shall be maintained)
- Check if
#26 Updated by Simon Barner over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
As mentioned, I quickly fixed this when addressing some other problems with OS/platform-specific case distinctions.
Can you please test if it avoid the crash on your machine? Branch 2443_os-architecture-case-distinctions in af3 and kernel.
#29 Updated by Simon Barner over 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Simon Barner to Anonymous