Update feature in AF3
The user should download AF3 every time (s)he wants to use the latest version. We should have update feature.
#2 Updated by Simon Barner over 2 years ago
We used to have such a feature in AF3/DREAMS.As far as I remember, the update site is already build on Jenkins, and all that needs to be done is:
- Deploy update during "rollout" phase on Jenkins
- Enhance RCP application with update feature. This requires some additional dependencies and some code, but it could be even simpler in this case since the download does not have to be password protected.
- Organize update site in such a way that also older version of AF3 are collected there. The "rollout" job in AF3/DREAMS simply overwrote the previous update site.
#7 Updated by Simon Barner 7 months ago
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
Let's keep this in backlog (with low priority).
We should reconsider this in the light of the feature-driven Git workflow and the fact that our continuous integration has moved to Gitlab, too ("eat our own SW development process DF").