Feature #3019: [NoVal rework] collection issue
constraint for non-NoVal ports
If a port is specified to always contain a value (i.e., NoVal is not allowed) then an analysis needs to be implemented to check that the port is always assigned a value.At present this analysis can be broken in following sub-analyses:
- Ports connecting a channel should both have the same specification (either for both NoVal is allowed or not)
- For atomic components we can either use formal verification or it can also be checked statically (at least IMO). If output port p is specified as "NoValAllowed = false", then the check would be:
- In case behaviour is code spec just check that every branch is assigning a value to p
- in case of state automaton check that p is assigned in every transition
- Of course model checker can be used to check this, but IMO that is a bit of an overkill
#1 Updated by Vivek Nigam almost 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Vivek Nigam to Anonymous
Open AF3 file:
(Ignore the x in the Component Architecture.)
There you should be able to activate the constrain
Component COnstraints Group -> Provided all inputs....
Then 3 components should be marked with x.